April 9, 2008

Suffering Only Makes Us Stronger

So these past few weeks have been extremely intense. Filled with ups and downs, disappointments and some happiness. First of all, can we please just disregard the last post? Yes, I was hating this place...Lets be honest. I wasn't really talking to or hanging out with anyone and I can't stand living in this room. Things have gotten much better here though. I still hate living in this room, but I started to see that next year things are going to be much different and a lot more fun. I've got super fun roommates lined up for next year!

Yes, I am staying here. I am about 90% sure of that. I got rejected from Geneseo today. It's okay. A few days ago that would have been the most devestating news ever, but today I feel confident that they made the right decision in not accepting me. I let go of one of the greatest people in my life on Monday. It was extremely hard to do, but I really believe that it was the right decision, at least for now. I mean who knows what God has planned!

People probably think I am crazy for letting go of such a great guy, and maybe I am. But I felt confined and I just want to see what else is out there. I felt like I was starting to make decisions not based on what was best for me, but on what would suit or relationship better. That's just a bad plan. I am actually happy that I am staying here next year, because there are a lot of people that I would have missed a lot.

Lately, this room here has been pretty intense. It's like walking on egg shells because you never know which one of us is going to be crying. Well, Jenna doesn't cry...But Becca and I. Someone is always crying. Haha. O well...I believe things are only going to keep getting better from here. I still can't believe that Geneseo rejected me. That just hurts a little, but maybe the temptation of getting in would have been too strong and that would have driven me there. I'm going to be okay though...Better than okay..I'll be amazing. Our sufferings only make us stronger..That is for sure the truth!

On a happier note I have been a running fiend lately. It's just so comforting. When I run I don't have to worry about school or relationships or anything stressful. I can just run and run and run listening to nothing but my own breating and blood pounding in my ears. It's just a great feeling. Some other good things have also been happening. :-) So I know and trust that everything will be just great! Anyways, it is probably time that I get going because I need a shower since I just got done running. Then its off to jazz band, and finally some seriously hanging out and watching hockey. God Bless!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I agree that our room is hard to live in ;-) Your post is lovely Alex. May God bless you also!