April 17, 2008

Singeing My Fingertips

Yes, I am currently outside roasting like a rotisserie chicken on a stick. My fingertips are burning as I pound away at these jet black computer keys in an attempt to update the world on my life. This weather is beautiful! And while I came out here with the intention of studying for a Chemistry exam, I was overwhelmed with the need to broadcast this beauty to the world. For all of you not yet in college...I would only recommend studying outside if you have a minimal amount of work. For example, if you have a big test the next day: Don't Go Outside! Maybe I should take my own advice. Anyways, I can't stop smiling as I look around me to see dozens of other skanks laying here trying to get a tan. Notice I did say "other skanks." I've got the skanky shorts on, tank top, hair blowing in the wind. As the great Julie Lane would say, "The only way this could be any better is if I had some sand, water, and a pina colada."

Things are looking up from this side of the fence. They are slightly rocky of course, but nothing that a summer can not heal. You know, I enjoy writing so much maybe I am in the wrong major. Put the prospect of someday delivering babies really appeals to me, and I just don't think I can let that go. At least not for some crappy desk job writing up obituaries or wedding announcements. Yum.

While this blog started out happy and cheery, and it still kind of is for me, for other people things have taken an unexpected change. This week has taught me that you never really know when you will hit rock bottom. You may think you are there, that the only way to go is up, but further trials may come your way. There are however, two things that you can always be sure of
1. God will never test you with more than you can handle. If everything seems to be going wrong, know that you can and will pull through.
2. There will always, and I mean always, be someone who has it worse than you. You think you are struggling, I think the once stable, now widowed, homeless mother would love to be in your position. Just remember, it could always be worse.

There is warriors tonight, and that is reason for great rejoicing. It is so powerful, and every week I leave there completely rejuvenated. Nothing can beat worship in a dark room, music blasting, and hands raised. Can I get an Amen?

Tomorrow I go home! In many ways I am very excited about it, but I am also starting to really enjoy myself here. Next year when we all have cars it will be rather enjoyable. Alright, the creative juices are starting to run out, and all I want to do is lay down and bake for the next half hour. So that is precisely what I am going to do. Until we meet again...

No comments: