April 21, 2008

The Fiver Letter D-Word

You know there is a problem when the first word said to you after reentering the Grove City College campus is "drama." No joke. As I walked up the four flights of stairs required to reach the second floor and turned the corner onto the hallway, my roommate stood there on the phone, looked at me, rolled her eyes and proclaimed that five letter d-word. I thought that maybe leaving for the weekend, all of the problems here would magically disappear. Needless to say, I thought wrong. Granted her drama is much different from anything going on within these campus limits, but it still makes this room a stressful place to be. Like I said in a previous post, you never know what's going to happen when you crack open the door of room 268.

Sometimes I wonder who lived in this room before us. What went on? Did everyone get along or was this room always so tense? I have decided that this room does not fit my personality at all. While I want to get out, party a little, act a little crazy, this room just screams at me to settle down, close the door, and act conservatively. Disgusting. Next year though..O baby you better watch out. My room is going to be filled with gangsta rap, dance parties, and pure fun. College is supposed to be fun, not a time to settle down.

My days of skanking it up are indeed over. That was short lived, but fun for the 4 days that it lasted. I can still have fun. I don't really need to be a skank to have fun. Besides, the guys here don't even understand the concept of being remotely skanky. I quickly learned that these guys don't want to get close to you at all unless there is a chance you could marry them. They won't even dance really. At the dance marathon, I mainly danced with Sadie and Julie because the guys felt the need to stand in a circle next to us and do their own thing. That's fine with me now, I've already found what I am looking for.

I should probably tell you all about this weekend. Most of my time was spent painting a mural or with Benjamin. It was a good weekend. The mural came out pretty well I think, at least it did for my first real mural. I am going to ask Ashley to take some pictures and then I'll post them up on here eventually. Then of course, Ben and I hung out the whole weekend. We stayed at my house the whole time, because I am scared of his. I am going to stay away as long as possible and let him fix things there. We are back together I suppose, but some people aren't going to find that out for a little while.

Alright, I do have some work that I need to get done here before Biology lab. Hopefully everyone had good weekends! <3

No comments: