January 11, 2008

So maybe everything in this world isn't completely horrible. Growing up in my church I have had it ground into me that Christ's return may be at any moment. Any moment they stressed...As in this lifetime. Maybe they are right, but at the same time maybe now. For years and years now people have been predicting the end of the world and return of Christ. Every generation seems to think that the next is so horrible and corrupt, that there is nothing worse that could possibly happen, and that means Christ is coming. Don't get me wrong, He IS coming. It the whole question of WHEN that is the issue. Call me crazy but I am not a fan of people claiming that the world keeps getting worse, that there is no hope.

There is hope! I don't know why I am writing about this...It seems so obvious to me. But I think we need to take a step back and see exactly how Christ is at work in the world now. That all of our efforts for improvement are not just a waste of time. Chew on this...There are missionaries EVERYWHERE now! All over the world! 100 years ago there really were not any. I don't know but I call that a sign of improvement. Times change yes, and with that so does the church. The church adapts. Sometimes that adaptation may go a little too far, become a bit too worldly, but adaption is not always synonymous with corruption. So things change. That does not mean that our generation is awful, that we are going to lead to the destrustion of the earth. Really, truly, and honestly; there are some wonderful things that are happening.

It was an episode of Grey's Anatomy that sparked this post tonight. The episode was based on faith. Maybe not the same type of faith in Jesus Christ that you or I possess but faith none-the-less. I think scientists and athesists today are finally coming to a point where they have no choice but to submit to the fact that there is something bigger and better that created all of this! Certainly not everyone, not even close to everyone, will come to this realization but the truth is out there. The truth is out there and it is continually spreading!

It amazes me how people are so different. It takes almost no convincing for some people to come to realization that Christ is the only way, while others could look Him sqare in the face and still not call him Lord. I just couldn't fathom turning Him down after all the ways He has revealed Himself to me, but that's the thing about man I guess. We aren't all programmed to recognize him, not everyone can see the beauty in it. The world will never be perfect, it will never even come close, but it's not exactly falling apart at the seams either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alex, I saw that show last night and I agree with you. I got thinking about stuff along the same lines last night.