January 12, 2008

A List

Tonight I got the idea to make a list of some things I would like to accomplish in this lifetime. I need to have some goals...Life is quite the ride and no one comes out alive. So I might as well do something while I'm here::

1. Get married..This one seems obvious enough, but really I want to know that I have loved another human being to the full extent.

2. Have kids...My own kids, adopted, whatever. Just little people that will drive me absolutely insane but I can't help but love them anyways.

3. Skydiving...Anyone care to join me?

4. Install a 2-lane bowling alley in the basement of my dream home. Heck yes!

5. Live in a big city...Not forever. For a month or so on my own. I want to live like a movie. Going out partying with friends and just living life.

6. Play in an amazing jazz band...The GC jazz band would be sufficent.

7. Fill up an entire sketchbook.

8. Get out of this country and travel! Anywhere and everywhere!!

9. Run a marathon...Possibly a few, but at least one.

10. Own the entire collection of Grey's Anatomy seasons...I am well on my way to achieving this one.

11. Work on something that involves cancer...Research, treating patients, something.

12. Become a doctor...I am starting to realize that is doesn't matter what kind of doctor. MD or PhD. Physician, teacher, or great scientist....Something like that.

13. Go on a missions trip...I have never been on one before. What if I am supposed to be a missionary and just don't know it yet?

These are the big things. Sure there are many other little things that I would love to do, but if I could accomplish even 3/4 of the things on this list I would say that is a pretty full and complete life. Of course doing any of this would be a complete gift from the "big man upstairs". Life is short so lets enjoy it while we can.

No comments: