January 21, 2008

Back to school...back to school...

O the fun has started again! I have mized emotions about it. The work has already begun to pile on, but the times with friends has been great so far. Funny story about friends...Becca and I decided that we needed to go to the bank today. So we pile on our layers and layers of clothing and set out across town to our final destination. About 3/4 of a mile later we arrive on the stoop on citizens bank only to find out that..It's Martin Luther King Day! Wonderful! Of course we weren't thinking about this because today was our first day of classes. Clearly Grove City just does not respect the holiday. Instead of giving us one measley extra they hurl a further insult and begin classes on such a day. Torture.

In all seriousness this day was not much fun. My Molec. Bio class is going to kick my butt. I also had lab today which turned out to be another lecture on an entire chapter of information that lasted 1.5 hours. It is my HUMA class that I am looking forward to the most. It can be hard to consistantly read my Bible here. That is one thing that I was not expecting at all. Coming here I figured..Christian college, so my spiritual life must fluorish. Well I was slightly misled. Sure there aren't quite as many worldy distractions as there would be say at a state college, but the workload here is not very conducive to encouraging your Christian walk. This would be why I am exited about Bib. Rev. I now have an entire class that will make time for me to focus on that. Lovely!

No comments: