January 24, 2008

Getting Bank in the Swing

So one full week here is almost complete and many things have already changed for me. Well not too many, but a few. First things first...I am not so sure I am going to go to medical school anymore. I've just been thinking and praying about it, and I don't think it's very conducive to having a family. So my alternative plan which I have already begun to pursue is teaching. Biology secondary education to be more precise. I am taking an education class this semester and so far I absolutely love it! The professor, Dr. Mackey, has a real passion for teaching and his passion seems to rub off on the students he teaches. Who knows, maybe thats just me and its a sign, but I don't know how anyone could walk out of that class not excited about teaching! Becca and I are doing a project together and we get to teach in front of the class...Needless to say I am excited about that stupid little project.

For the first time in my entire Grover career, I have no work to do! None! Sure I could start some papers and such that are due in about a month, but c'mon...No thank you. So I relax! This weekend will be amazing! Snowboarding baby! I am pretty much so excited I might pee my pants. Kidding..Totally kidding. But yes, Jenna and I are going to hit the slopes at HV and man..The powder, the wonderful powder. Okay enough about my little excursion.

What else is new with me? Let's see here...Did I mention that I pretty much love all of my classes this semester. I thought Bio would be boring but I am actually surprised at how much I am enjoying learning. It seems that I can't put my textbook down. Well not really. Anyways, I get to visit my home 2 weeks from tomorrow so that I can go to senior dinner dance with Benjamin! I can't even wait to see him! O the things love does to a person.

Today was actually not the greatest of days...I was a little cranky. Ehh, o well. Every girl has her moments thats for sure. Well I am going to clean this joint up a bit and then I am going to watch a movie or something! I love freedom!

No comments: