April 10, 2009

On The Road

I will have to post this blog later because I am currently sitting in the car on the way to Washington D.C., meaning that I have no internet connection. Although I am sure that soon enough I will be able to be connected via a satellite connection or something. I don't need that though. I am perfectly content without the internet for a few hours. It is almost a sickening thought that there is virtually nowhere you can go anymore that is internet free. Everything is wireless this, satellite that, hands-free, and whatever other technical terms they use nowadays. I am not complaining, I love technology, and I think that all the advances we have made are great. I just think that it is all too easy to become consumed. I would not mind not having cable or satellite television, or a television at all for that matter, when I have a house of my own. It would give everyone a reason to actually talk and build our relationships with each other rather than sit and watch a stupid multi-colored box filled with flashing lights.

I like how one little thing (In this case, not being connected to the internet.) has the ability to send me off on some random topic. I don't really have any planned topic for this blog so I guess it managed to fill up some space. Like I said I am on the way to Washington D.C. right now with almost the entire family, minus Ashley and Skylar, plus a Kevin. It is a scary ride since my step-dad does not seem to know how to safely operate a motor vehicle. Sometimes he puts on the brakes for no reason at all, we often hit the rumble strip on the side of the road, and on more than one occasion I have feared for my life as we passed a semi. Family vacations are not something that I look forward to, ever. They bring out the worst in me, that is for sure. I think before I get married, instead of a camping trip, my future husband should come with my family and I on vacation. If they still want to marry me at weeks end, well then folks we have a winner! These trips are what have steadily lowered the number of kids I want to have. Back in eighth grade I wanted something like eight or nine kids, now we are down to four and I can just sense that number declining as I type…3…2…1…Forget it.

Enough with the negatives tonight. Some good about this coming weekend, let's see. We are going sight seeing in D.C. possibly tomorrow. I love doing that kind of stuff. There are also tons of huge model homes that you can go and look at by my uncles house! At least there was the last time that we were there. I love looking at houses and dreaming about where I could possibly live someday. Doesn't every girl do that?

Music is what keeps me alive on these trips. Thank you Mr. iPod! I am so glad that you were never broken. My latest music selection has included everything from Akon, Zac Brown Band, and Jason Mraz. Zac Brown Band is by far my favorite though. Their lyrics can make me laugh, cry, and carry me away deep in thought. Gangster has been up there too because lately I just want to bust a move. Do you ever have moments like that? It is quite a shame that there are no more dances left at school this year. Maybe Julie and I should just host an end of the year dance party in our room. The people on our hall already think we are crazy because we cook pancakes and blast the gangsta' tunes in our room so it probably wouldn't surprise them one night if we just had a bunch of people over for a dance. I could see it now, we turn off all the lights, except for the Christmas lights which we have set to the blinking function, music blaring from my computer speakers, and we would all be dressed like we were going to the club. Can we please do it? Music is just good for the soul.

Anyways, I think I am going to end here for now. We are stopping at a rest stop and I am mighty thirsty. Time to get something to quench that.

No comments: