April 13, 2009

New Way of Living

Do you ever wonder what your life is going to be like 5, 10, 15 years from now? Stupid question, because I think we all do. This past year my perception of my future has changed quite a few times. I came into this school year dreaming of living one life, that quickly changed to something else, and now I have made up my mind to just go wherever the wind blows me. Maybe it was all the planning that got me into trouble in the first place. I don't think we should plan for things like that. Being prepared for specific events to occur and planning for the future are on two very different playing fields. I am done planning, instead I will, to the best of my ability, prepare for what lies ahead. Who knows what our future holds aside from the Lord? Just when we think we have it all figured out, God proves otherwise. There is some song that I can't think of now which says that God laughs when he hears our plans. How very true that is. My advice then would be to break free of your preconceived notions about where your life is going, be ready and waiting, be prepared, but don't nail yourself down, don't ever think you have it all figure out, because it is at that moment you find an overwhelming amount of change headed your way.

So it's back to the books for me. Only four more weeks and I will officially be done with Sophomore year. How crazy is that? I feel like just yesterday I came in as a scared frosh, and now I am going to be a junior and an RA. Anyways, the rest of break was interesting. My uncle lives in this new housing development in which all of the houses looks almost identical. They still have model homes available to go look at, and so we went and looked at three of them ranging in price from 500,000 to 1.3 million. I am going to post pictures, but the pictures do not even do these houses justice. I have never been inside of such a nice house before. My question is how do people justify living like that? I would almost feel guilty for owning such a nice home. Although, who am I kidding? Would I ever really complain about it? Probably not. So for a couple of days I got to live the life of the upper-upper middle class, middle class on the brink of upper class I would say. Cake-eaters.

Being back at school is pretty excellent. Sad to think that in only 4 weeks I have quite a few friends graduating. We are going to make the best of the time we have left though, and I am sure there will be some exciting weekends coming up. My first night back was an exciting one. Walking by a creepy old cemetery at midnight with a creepy cat following behind is exactly what I needed to get my heart racing and adrenaline flowing. If you need a bit of excitement, I know exactly where you can find it. Playing at the park in the dark, I really would suggest that everyone do it sometime. It suddenly turns a kids playground into a college students adventure. Everything is better at night. The swings seemed to go higher, the monkey bars were more difficult than they used to be, and all parts of the playground are free for climbing. Not to mention the rush that comes when you think you may hear a cop car driving by. Anything can happen at the park at night. I'm hoping for a few more adventures before the end of the year, but we will see how that pans out. All I know is that I am planning on anything. Call me Ms. Spontaneity.

No comments: