April 29, 2009

Ending Things

The madness has begun! I don't know how many more posts I am going to have time to write the next two weeks with all that I have going on, but since I am currently skipping class I figured that right now is the perfect time to partake in such an activity. In two short days it is going to be May! I can't believe how fast this semester has gone. I presume this next month is going to be pretty quick as well. Hopefully. This was the month I was looking forward to for so long, but that time has come and gone. I am not dreading it, I just want it to come and go, quickly and painlessly. There are many reasons for my feeling this way. The end of the year is coming which means that packing and goodbyes are in order. One particular weekend is going to stick out like a sore thumb, I feel like its days are starring at me every time I glace at a calendar. I may be running a half-marathon instead, or there is the possibility that I could have a job. It really does not matter what I am doing, I want that weekend over.

The preparations for next year have already begun. The wonderful apartment RA staff has already begun bonding and getting to know one another. We are all pretty excited to see what God has in store for us next year. Last night the current RA's in the apartments put together a type of scavenger hunt for us that sent us milling around campus for a good hour. It ended with a trip to the grocery store for graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows, and then finally to a secret destination about 20 minutes off campus. We arrived at a spot in the woods with a cute little creek and waterfall, and a campfire with the RA's and RD's all ready for us. We stayed there for a little while talking about the past year and our expectations for the year to come. It was nice to take some time during the week and just relax a little bit, reflecting on what God has done and what He has in store. Lauren and I decided to play a game of chubby bunny which we ended up being a tie at 6 marshmallows each. The guys found their enjoyment by hurling firey logs off of the waterfall and watching them hit the water. The entire campfire was in the creek before we left. Boys will be boys.

I don't really have much more to say for the time being. I read my Bible this morning, but I have yet to uncover my W.T. for the day. That is on my list of things to do this afternoon. God has been good lately. Despite all that hit the fan this weekend I still know that He is working in my life. I am fairly confident that everything that has happened was all Him. He is preparing me for something great. This summer all that I want to focus on is my relationship with Christ. Everything else seems to have fallen by the wayside, because when it comes down to it He is all that matters. This doesn't mean that we should neglect all of our other responsibilites, because clearly that is not Biblical either, but that in those other activies Christ is the focus. I think that this attitude puts all that we do in a new light, giving a spin on life that we have not seen before. It gives you a drive and motivation that are not your own. Overall it is a wonderful position to be in, arugably the best. Sorry not much for words of wisdom today, just some generalities I suppose. It has been a crazy week with not much time for thinking and reflection on what to blog about. I hope that everyone is enjoying their last weeks of school. The end is in sight!

No comments: