May 18, 2009

What Is Right

It has been almost one week since arriving back on Flavia Circle. Home sweet home. For the first time ever I did not go home a single extra time last semester. Which is surprising since last semester was by far the worst semester and the hardest of my college career. I have never, in all my life, had to deal with so much. The last few months tried and tested every almost every aspect of my life, and for all I know the test is still in progress. Home has been therapeutic though. Getting away from campus and back to what is familiar is exactly what I needed. I must admit that I have not been doing much of anything. I have watched countless episodes of Gilmore Girls and a number of random movies. I have Pride & Prejudice playing in the background right now to be honest. I have made it a point to stay active and start getting into summer shape though. Running has been my weapon of choice and I am currently 5 days strong.

I have received some information about camp this summer and I am a bit more skeptical than I had previously been. It seems that they walk a straighter line than I had originally assumed. No wearing Abercrombie, mandatory daily chapel (although I really can't complain about that), and a dress code for Sunday mornings. If I am planning on ever wearing a skirt it has to come mid-calf. Where am I going to find a skirt that falls mid-calf? I don't think I will. Hopefully these things will not get in the way too much though. I have heard so many good things about this camp that I am sure the good will far outweigh the bad. Which reminds me, I was thinking yesterday about how often we focus on the negative. Think about it! All the time! I know I do at least, but I can not imagine that I am the only one. It is so much easier to think about the bad rather than the good. So instead of focusing on what has gone wrong, from now on I am going to try and focus more of my attention on what has gone right. I think that is a much better outlook on life. Alright I do have much more that I want to write but I am starting to fall asleep. Maybe tomorrow I will make more time.

No comments: