May 30, 2009

Lots of Random Paragraphs

I look out my window right now, and where there should be the endings of a pretty little sunset I see a giant black cloud heading right for us. Just standing at the window and watching it I can see lightening bolts coming down in the distance. I used to be deathly afraid of lightening and thunder storms. I think I have grown out of that now, I actually rather enjoy them. I also used to be scared of fireworks, and I must admit that I still am. There is just something about balls of fire flying up in the sky, shaking the earth, and then flying back down at you that just sends me running indoors. I don't know who ever decided that such a thing was 'safe' and enjoyable. I would personally be thrilled if fireworks were banned forever. Why can't the fourth of July be celebrated in some other, safer, quieter way? We could shoot colored cotton balls into the sky. It would be quieter and much safer. No one minds being hit with cotton. Balls of fire on the other hand, I have an issue with that. How did I get started on all of this? Oh yes, the thunderstorm. The wind is now blowing and the rain has just started to come down by the way.

Moving on. What have I been doing with myself lately? Well I spent the majority of my day today working to serve the bikers that poured into Olympia. This weekend is Harley Happenings in this little bitty town of ours, which means that hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles line Main St. all weekend long. There are bands that play, people everywhere, and of course lots and lots of beer. Our town is never busier than on this particular weekend. Oh! I am jumping too far ahead of myself. I need to fill you all in on the fun little adventure that I had on Thursday with my old friend Liz. We were besties in seventh grade and surprisingly we have been able to keep in touch ever since. Here is a testimony for you about the way's God works to bring people together. Way back in the day, seventh grade to be precise, I was just beginning to experience God's greatness and to learn of the sacrifice His Son made for me. I was a new Christian and coming out of the Catholic church I was still rather unsure about the whole thing, so I kept it to myself and did not really let my little light shine. If I am not mistaken, I believe that Liz was in the same boat I was and therefore we never talked about our faith with one another, even though we had very similar beliefs. Well in time, after a move to Gowanda and time in which we grew in our faiths, it was soon no secret that each of us was deeply in love with Jesus Christ. So now here we are, almost eight years later. We have been brought together as friends and it was so nice to have another sister in Christ to talk to about all that has been going on with our lives. Having someone to talk to, relate to, to give and get advice from, knowing that they have similar values and beliefs as you is one of the greatest gifts.

The hike we went on was unbelievable. It was near Chestnut Ridge Park, in these woods right across the street from in actually. I will post some pictures because it really was a beautiful little hike. We then stumbled upon this littler creek that we followed until we reached a waterfall. Inside of the waterfall is this little fire (that runs on gas I am sure), but it never goes out. Some people call it the eternal flame and others call is gaslight falls. Whatever it is called, I love it.

So here is a little something that I am getting absolutely sick and tired of. I am tired, beyond belief tired, of guys thinking that they have the right to treat girls the way that they do. In my opinion we should be treated like princesses. Guys, you do that and we'll treat you with respect. I don't mean to talk back about them all, because I know that good ones are out there, but after a friend came to me in tears today I just can not take any more. I do not understand who some of these guys think they are! And I have dealt with my fair share of these (I will not swear) guys, this year. Ah. And girls, what are you doing staying with them? They hurt you once, and the second they apologize and come running back you, you fling wide the doors to your heart and let them right back in. Respect yourselves a little more than that, I beg you. I have decided that I am done, completely done. I am just going to sit around and let Mr. Right find me, because clearly all the looking that I have been doing has not worked yet. I want a guy who loves me and who is willing to fight for me. Actually fight for me. There are tons of country singers out there who sing about how sad they are when the girl they love walks out on them, and they sing about fighting for her, about how much they truly loved her. Well, I have yet to find any guy who has loved or fought like that. So when I find him, I suppose I will have to keep him around. I have a feeling it is going to be a while, but I am in no hurry. So that is that. I think I am going to call it a night. I am in the middle of reading The Hobbit, and I am anxious to see what is going to happen next.

No comments: